Tame Effluent Water is an analyzer that ensures the monitoring and follow-up of the non-toxicity of waste or loaded water (water from STEP, water networks).
This toximeter makes it possible to
- ensure monitoring and follow-up of the general toxicity of water,
- provide a complementary analysis to traditional physico-chemical measurements,
- measure the real impact of water quality on living organisms,
- warn of the possible degradation of water quality following the demonstration of a proven toxicity effect on living organisms.
Technical specification of the Tame-Effluent Water analyzer
The solution consists of :
- a toximeter: incubator, carousel, and a measuring device,
- a digital tablet provided,
- a specific software used to read the results,
- 5 to 10 luminescent bacteria selected for their representativeness, their complementarity and their sensitivity to chemical pollution.
The bioassay panel used is sensitive to the effects of chemical toxins:
- heavy metals,
- cocktail effects,
- endocrine disruptors,
Technical features of the analyzer
The Tame-Water wastewater or sewage analyser works on the basis of the cross-analysis of the simultaneous responses of 5 to 10 bacteria. These are selected for their environmental representativeness, for the complementarity of their sensitivity to chemical toxicity, as well as for their reference figure within the scientific community.
The combination of responses from several bioassays, rather than their implementation in isolation, is now considered to be a very reliable approach for the efficient analysis of chemical toxicity phenomena.
To meet the health challenges related to water quality, the speed of the test is a determining characteristic.
The drinking water analyzer developed by Tame-Water is able to give a toxicity analysis of water in less than 6 hours.
This significantly reduces the time needed to obtain results and allows for more regular monitoring and rapid action in the event of proven toxicity.
Field or laboratory
Transportable and compact (29×29×46 cm), this measuring device allows rapid assessment and monitoring of the chemical toxicity of water directly in the field or in the laboratory.
Easy to use
Simple to use, it allows bioassays to be carried out in a simple and automated way.
The bacteria are freeze-dried for easy transport and storage. They are delivered ready to use in disposable vials.
How Tame-Effluent Water works
After connecting the device, an operator adds the water sample he wants to analyse to the consumables bottles. For each sample, 1 vial of each of the three bacterial strains in the panel is required (3 in total).
The operator, guided by a color code, inserts the consumables into the device and launches the acquisition from the software.
The device performs the measurements according to a predefined program and returns the results.
At the end of the analysis, the consumables can simply be disposed of without any particular precaution.
Tame-Effluent Water is an easy-to-use analyzer for assessing water toxicity. It can be used both in the field and in the laboratory and is ideally suited to the following applications
- analysis of waste water in the natural environment,
- prevention of the impacts of potential chemical toxins in discharges, such as micropollutants, drugs or cocktail effects generated by the mixing of chemical toxins,
- analysis of the toxicity of loaded water at the inlet and outlet of public and/or industrial wastewater treatment plants,
- analysis of loaded wastewater to protect treatment plant processes and in particular sensitive biological treatments.